Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #13

After viewing and becoming familiar with the social bookmarking sites available, I found 'declicous' to be most user friendly for me. It took some time to famialiarize myself and understand how this site works. I didn't see the difference, at first, between regular bookmarking and the website. What I realize now is that I can use this application on any computer because it is a website and not saved only on one computer. I know that this will be beneficial as a teacher. The 21st century offers many resources at the click of a button. Many times I will find a website that has great resources. It will be so nice to have it tagged on delicous so I can easily access it, share it with colleagues, and even access at home if need be. I am excited to use this tool and can already see the benefits to this. One way we could use it to benefit students is maybe setting up a class log-in. On that site we could have a list of websites for certain topics. There could be tags for math websites, social studies, etc. Then students could access these sites easily at home and parents wouldn't have to be searching for websites that are good on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment