Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #7

I remember working on a research project in Elementary school. My resources were a couple of books from the library and our home Encylopedia set. I thought the encyclopedia set was very cool. It is amazing how quickly things change and encyclopdias are a thing of the past. Now all one had to do is "google" it. I was happy to learn more tools that google offers other than the typical search. The advanced search is really amazing. I experimented with the power point search. My current school does a major study on Rome and other ancient time periods. I was not an expert of Roman History so I needed to study to present the information accuratly to my third grade class. The powerpoint search could be really beneficial to finding slideshows I could learn from or use in teaching my class. Educators have so many demands in a unrealistic time. These tools can really help us in our time management and make one lesser stress.
I also experimented with the googgle Scholar. I see myself using this occasionaly in my job as a teacher but mainly as I study for my Masters degree in Ed. Psychology. It is a quick search to finding many articles and resources on any topic one may be interested. This willl be helpful in future research projects I have. This could also be effective as one encounters various issues with students. For example, students with emotional problems, or a student with dyslexia tendancies. A teacher may want to research certain topics to help work with students.

No comments:

Post a Comment