Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #5



Flickr has just about any type of photgraph one could ever search for. At first, I felt a little overwhelmed with the large amount of photos. However, once I picked a topic or curriculum subject I can see how this site can be very useful. As a third grade teacher, we learn about plant life and the life cycle. The students are pretty narrowed in on a stereotypical imgage of seeds. Looking though the many photos of seeds, I can see a great opportunity to show the students a large varity of shapes, colors, and sizes that seeds come in.

This image could lead to discussions as to how do these particular seeds travel? Students might compare and contrast two or three photos of different seeds.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome photograph! I agree with your thought that this would make students think about seeds in a different way, and open the way to numerous discussion topics. Your posting about the use of the photos with your various subject areas made me really rethink the use of Flickr. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I am so glad it was helpful! I think the endless amount of photos is going to a good tool for us, especially for the visual learners. : )

    ReplyDelete