Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing #9

I prefered the Google search because I am familiar with Google and it seemed very user-friendly. There was a side bar that included main topics to search through. This was easy for me to find and narrow down topics I was looking for.

I also enjoyed the teacher blog search. This will be very helpful when one is looking for a certain educational topic. It appeared very organized and not crowded in it's small space. One thing about blogging that is concerning to me is that you dont know if the writer is credible or not. I might read up about all this information that is incorrect or just his/her opinion. The Teacher blog listed the top 100 blogs and it seems trustworthy and reliable.

Tecnorati was ok if I focused just on the drop down box called blogs. This option led to all the headers that could lead you to different blog topics. I prefer this as it would help me narrow my options down.
Syndic8 was not visualy appealling to me. It was crowded and seemed overwhelming to navigate. I looked at it briefly but quickly passed this site.

I found useful feeds in the teacher blogs search. There are many educational topics that I am very passionate about and appreciate others discussing. I will probalby save a few of these blogs to keep up with the most recent Educational decisions, read what educationaly is happening in other states around the country, and more. There are times where I feel that teachers are over worked and under appreciated. Having the opportunity to discuss and comment on blogs regarding these topics will allow me an outlet and communication board.

No comments:

Post a Comment