Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #12

I pulled two quotes from two different blogs. I found Merdith Farkas blog about sharing and feeling worthy to comment intriguing. To SHARE was the main focus of her discussion and I feel very inspired by her following quote,
"...most importantly, sharing will encourage others to share. And when there’s a culture of sharing, when we’re all sharing knowledge, we will all benefit."

I love to share with others, in friendship, advice, stories, laughter, knowledge, disagreements, future goals. I grow as a person every time I experience someone else. My life has been extremely blessed because of others sharing their knowledge, expertise, families, and themselves with me. As we continue to advance technologically, commenting on eachothers blogs and interacting with others is another way to broaden and expand ourselves.

The second section I enjoyed came from the "Coolcat" blog. The writer discusses how important it is when one comments on a certain post. I am very passionate about certain education topics. As I read experts' posts about these topics, my comments could encourage these writers to post more. If it is a topic that needs attention drawn to it, I can help promote this topic or cause my commenting and encouraging the writer to keep on. This is what "Cool Cat" says:

"You cast a vote on the importance of a topic I think that as an edublogger, I think commenting is one of the most meaningful tools that we have to show experts where they need to focus. It is like having a vote and when you comment you are saying, "This is important!"You'd better believe that when a blogger receives an incredible number of comments on a post that they are going to be writing more about that topic! If you want more from them on that, tell them!"

2 comments:

  1. I have loved everything I've read by Meredith Farkus. She is very generous with her knowledge and time and has a large web presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sharing is also an important part of teaching. The more we share ideas from our classroom with other teachers as well as allowing teachers to share in observing our classroom, I believe we will encourage other teachers to share as well. The more we work together as teachers the better we will become and in turn the more successful our students will become.

    ReplyDelete