Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #3

I successfully started my first blog. I have been working on this periodically so I first did the template design and chose the name and website. I came back later ready to post my Thing #2. It took me a while to figure out that I had to log in to make posts. I realized that others can comment but only those who have the user ID and Password can make the initial posts. This is something to keep in my mind if I were to have a classroom blog, with students make the posts. The user ID would need to be available to students. However, students could make posts anywhere there is a computer. Hmm...I wonder if any teachers have tried this and had problems with students' posts.
The avator was fun. I enjoy reflecting on characteristics that describe myself. I enjoyed looking at all the various outfits and accessories. This could be a nice activity for a counself to encourage self-discovery. It is very important for young kids to reflect on themselves, who they are, and gain a sense of self-awareness. Each student could have an avator representative of him/herself.
I am excited to learn the rest of the tech savvy activities in store during the next 20 "Things".

No comments:

Post a Comment