Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #11

I am thrilled to have learned about LibarayThing. I recently mentioned to myself that I wanted to make a journal to keep track of the books that I have read. I love to read and I get alot of good books read in the summer. I think this is a great place to keep track of books I have read and the books I have at my house. I can share with this my friends and they can just ask to borrow any book they see on the list. My grandma, cousin, sister, aunts, mom, and I all love to share books with one another. We can use this to communicate with eachother the books we have and the books we enjoyed. Jodi Picoult became my favorite author after reading My Sister's Keeper many years ago. I have loved reading all her books since and enjoyed seeing the many readers who enjoy her as well.
In a classroom, this could be a place where students list books they have finished and recommend to other students. Students might also enjoy joining clubs or groups of people who enjoy the same books they do. This encourages students to see that people everywhere love reading the same books they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment