Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #10



The picture to the right is of my fiance and I in Las Vegas. Even though the picture was actually taken in the hotel Rio this was a fun template to use. "Custom Sign Generator" was the link I used to find this. From there I went to a link called "add fun templates". This led me to 100's of templates to chose from. There were a ton of cute and funny scenes. One disadvantage to this website was that there were a large amount of advertisements. I felt the website was very slow to work with because of the many Ads taking up space.
Big Huge Labs has an endless amount of options to use with photos and for me, it was very user-friendly.
Finally, I love "wordle". This is a very nice creative outlet, as one can choose colors, fonts, size, etc. In a library or classroom students can use wordle to describe a character in the book they are reading. THey may use wordle to list words that describe a particular 3-Dimensional shape. Technology can be integrated in ways that help teachers assess students level and knowledge as well as hooking students' attention and motivation.







No comments:

Post a Comment