Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing #19

I actually found two sites that I found very useful for my personal life. Zillow is a Real Estate website that received a #1 ranking. It was very user-friendly and offered easy tools to search homes for sale in certain areas. I also found a social website that I might use to search upcoming events around Houston. "Upcoming" offered a list of various activities, events, shows, etc. around town for certain upcoming dates. This is very helpful when guests come in town or just as we look for things to do on the weekends.
Flickr was ranked #1 for Photos and Digital images. The most useful part of this site will be searching the millions of images for pictures to use in our classrooms. This site offers many excellent images of real life pictures. There are many times where students need to see a real picture of the topic or item studies. I can't wait to use Flickr to search for images as I plan my lessons.




What is special about the tool? What are its useful parts, especially with regards to Libraries and school? How might you use this tool in your own setting?

No comments:

Post a Comment