Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing #18

It is crazy that SBISD computers had open office tool already downloaded and I didn't even know about it. I look forward to experimenting with this program more and improving my competancy with it. A major advantage of this program is the capability to share documents easily with others and the easy access on any computer with internet. It will take awhile to get used to it, though, as microsoft is so easy and second nature to us all. I read on another blog, the concern with internet connection. This is something to worry about because internet connection is not always 100%. With Microsoft word one can complete documents with or without internet.
Google docs is wonderful. I really enjoyed looking at the public templates already availble. This tool can be very helpful for teachers and co-workers colaborating and sharing documents. I don't see many disadvantages to Googledocs except for the same internet connection concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment